for Healthy Communities
and a Strong Economy
Good jobs and a thriving, diverse local economy
Vital County Services
Public Health and Safety
Marsha Porter-Norton, Democrat for La Plata County Commissioner, 2020
Together, we can unite to solve problems and find common ground to help the most people. County Government plays a critical role in creating healthier communities and a strong economy. I am a 4th generation southwest Coloradan and grew up on a ranch in Lewis, north of Cortez. While my roots go deep in this region, your future is my focus. I have a track record and passion for public service.
I have the proven leadership qualities and experience to solve problems. My track record:
* Nonprofit executive director, 6 years
* Business owner; professional meeting facilitator/mediator, 20 years
* Facilitator: Hermosa Creek Workgroup, West Durango District Land Use Planning Group, Eight Corners Solutions Committee and Durango High School Open Closed/Campus Task Force, and many other projects
* Member, 2015 County Fiscal Needs Committee
* Volunteer for 10 nonprofit boards and coalitions
* Co-founder, Community Health Action Coalition and It's About Kids Advocacy Network
* Co-Chair, La Plata Yes on C&D Campaign
* Member: 2016 County Road and Bridge Campaign Issue Committee
* First coordinator for "Firewise Southwest Colorado" (now Wildfire Adapted Partnership)
* Recognized for my leadership with awards from: Leadership La Plata -- Barbara Conrad Leadership Award; Service to Youth Award, Boys and Girls Club of La Plata County; Partner of the Year Award, Colorado State Forest Service.
Thank you to everyone who worked on my campaign. It is an honor to serve.
New contact information: You can reach me at: 970-382-6215 or email: Marsha.Porter-Norton@co.laplata.co.us